There are other not-so-obvious advantages to solving the Rubik's cube that will indirectly help your brain become sharper. For one, it betters your eye-hand coordination. It improves your concentration in general and ensures that you can process your thoughts faster.
It has both physical & mental benefits.
- Improves your reflexes as you keep solving it.
- It gives finger dexterity & agility.
- It improves your hand-eye coordination.
It has been found that engaging your brain in mental activities like solving puzzles, cognitive games can help keep the mind sharp in old age.
A few of mental benefits are:
- Problem-solving skills
- Re-framing problems (from an outsider’s view)
- Breaking multiple tasks into easy steps
It also teaches life lessons like perseverance, patience, ability to focus, concentration etc.